It’s no secret that couples spend a lot of time in the bathroom.
It is a place where you can have some peace, get ready for your day, and also make sure to take care of any other needs that may arise during the course of your morning routine.
But how can you make this space even more enjoyable?
One way is by installing his and her shower heads.
So what are you waiting for? add a second shower head today!
Dual Shower Head vs Second Shower Head
If you are considering adding a second shower head to your bathroom, it is important for you to know the difference between both of them.
A dual shower head has two shower heads in one unit. This means you don’t need to install two fixtures.
On the other hand, if you want a second shower head, you can buy one that is separate from your in-wall head. This might require a new water line to be run to your shower’s ceiling and the purchase of a new shower unit.
The second shower head is a great way to get more enjoyment out of your morning and evening showers. However, installing an extra shower head does come with some advantages and disadvantages that you’ll want to consider before installing an extra shower head.
The advantages of installing a secondary apparatus include:
- Saving water by using two heads at once instead of one;
- Increased pressure from both sprays;
- Having more control over where the water sprays, as well as how hard or soft its force can be.
On the other hand, there are also some disadvantages to consider when deciding if you want another showerhead in your home:
- Adding a second shower head will decrease the water pressure
- The cost of installing a second shower head is expensive
- It can be difficult to adjust the temperature between two different showers depending on who is using it at what time
You know what they say, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. That’s why it may be wise to go with dual shower heads instead of adding that second shower head.
How to Install a Second Shower Head:
1. Consider the space you have available
2. Choose a shower head that is easy to install
3. Make sure you have all the necessary tools and parts before starting
4. Screw your new second shower head into place
5. Make sure there are no leaks around the joint where it meets your plumbing pipes.
Frequently Asked Questions about Second Shower Head
How much does it cost to put in a second shower head?
The average cost for shower head installation will vary depending on your location, with prices ranging from $75-$150. You can expect to pay more if you choose to make repairs or plumbing changes during the time of install as this is an extra service and labor that may not be included in a standard price quote.
Can you run two shower heads one valve?
It is possible to run two shower heads at the same time, but it depends on your water pressure.
Comment below and let us know how you’re making your bathroom more enjoyable.
You may also like to read: